Full course description
Course Title: An Integrative Approach to Nutrition for Diabetes Masterclass
Presenter: Sylvia H. Regalla, MD, MSCN, ABIHM
Format: On-Demand, Self-Paced Course
Category: Professional and Continuing Education – Masterclass
Estimated Effort: 2-3 hours to complete (video lecture presentation lessons, final quiz)
Credential: Certificate of Completion
CEUs: 2 CEUs
CEUs are awarded by MUIH and are pre-approved for nutritionists. Various other professional organizations and boards may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. Please verify with your respective relevant professional organization and emailwith questions.
Are you not seeing improvement in your diabetics? This Masterclass discusses an integrative/holistic approach to Type 2 Diabetes (T2DM).
At the end of this seminar, participants will become familiar with:
· Criteria for insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, and diabetes
· The underlying pathophysiology of diabetic complications
· Therapeutic considerations for T2DM: including diet, exercise, stress management, nutritional, and herbal supplementation
Masterclass Full Description:
An Integrative Approach to Type 2 Diabetes will guide you through the underlying pathophysiology of Type 2. The progression, causative factors, and criteria for insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, and diabetes will be discussed. Obesity and the protective role of adiponectin on vascular smooth muscle, endothelial cells, and cardiomyocytes will be covered. The pathophysiology of long-term complications will be described, such as glycosylation of proteins, intracellular sorbitol accumulation, increased oxidative stress, stress, and poor wound healing. Multiple therapeutic considerations and their intracellular mechanisms are analyzed, including diet, fiber, exercise, nutritional and herbal supplementation.
As a result of this Masterclass, you will be able to:
· Identify integrative and holistic approaches to treating diabetes.
· Relate concepts so that patients might understand ways in which they can selfmanage their diabetes with proper nutrition, exercise and sometimes medication.
Who should participate:
Nutritionists, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dieticians, diabetes educators, chiropractors, naturopaths, nutritional therapy practitioners, health and wellness coaches, functional medicine practitioners
Recommended pre-requisites: Bachelors of Science in nutrition or other health sciences program
Registration Fee(s): $99
What you will get:
· Total 2 hours of interactive instructional video lectures
· PowerPoint presentation PDF for download
· Lifetime access to the course content for review & application
· Certificate of Completion (upon successful achievement of program assessments)
*CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
This course provides a holistic/integrative approach by Dr Sylvia H. Regalla, who has 25+ years’ experience in internal medicine, 10+ years’ experience in functional medicine, a Master’s degree in Applied Clinical Nutrition, and teaches integrative medicine and nutrition to medical students and Master’s and Doctorate degree candidates of nutrition.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students, retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email email@example.com with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
For questions about this offering or CEUs, contact.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or video tutorial for Catalog registrations and payments; and Canvas, your online learning platform.View a helpful
Refund Policy: This self-based program is non-refundable upon purchase.
*For indefinite access to you Catalog Student Dashboard, it is recommended a non-MUIH email address be used to enroll in Catalog offerings and that you register for a new Catalog account with an email address you access frequently.