Full course description
According to Ayurveda, the world spins through a regular set of elemental energies. Learn how to recognize these elemental energies and how to eat in a way that will keep you and your clients in balance year round.
Discover how these energies create one’s individual constitution as they move through each day, season and stage of life.
As a result of this Masterclass, you will:
- Develop a basic understanding of how elemental energies shift from season to season
- Learn which tastes can balance which season’s energies
- Learn how to craft a menu of seasonal foods for maximum wellness
Who should participate:
Yoga practitioners; nutritionists; health coaches; complementary and integrative health practitioners; nurses anyone interested in learning how to incorporate proven natural wellness practices into patient-care and self-care.
Additional course materials required: N/A
What you will get:
- Lifetime access to the Master Class presentation
- Presentation PDF transcripts
- Master Class Handouts
- Certificate of Completion
- 1 CEU (Yoga Alliance, NANP Category I, BCNS, NBHWC )*
*Various other professional boards and organizations may accept this for continuing education requirements. CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
Diane Finlayson brings to her position deep institutional history in the field of yoga therapy as well as experience in curriculum development, program design, and teaching. Her master’s thesis was on the practice of Ayurveda in America.
Prior to joining MUIH, Finlayson was the owner of yama studio (Yoga, Ayurveda & Meditation Arts) where she trained over 400 yoga therapists, therapeutic yoga teachers, ayurvedic wellness coaches, and meditation facilitators between 2000 and 2015. Hers was one of the first three studios to offer Yoga Teacher Training in the Baltimore area.
She has taught yoga philosophy and Ayurveda courses at Johns Hopkins Odyssey and Osher, Towson Osher, Notre Dame of Maryland University, Carroll Community College and the former Baltimore Hebrew University.
As an avid lifelong learner, Finlayson feels it is important to foster the ongoing love of learning and curiosity in those she teaches, and is committed to maintaining her connection to being a student as well as a teacher.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students, retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
For questions about the Master Class or CEUs, contact email@example.com.
Refer to the minimum technical requirements for this course here: http://muih.edu/academics/online-learning/technical-requirements
Refund Policy: This Master Class is non-refundable upon purchase.