Full course description
Program Title: Introduction to Bacteriophage Therapy Masterclass
Presenter: Dr. Sarica Cernohous
Format: On-Demand, Self-Paced Course
Category: Professional and Continuing Education – Master Class
Estimated Effort: 1.5 hours (lecture presentation, quiz)
Credential: Certificate of Completion
1.5 CEUs – BCNS
1 CEU – NANP (Category 1)
Various other professional organizations and boards may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. Please verify with your respective relevant professional organization and emailwith questions.
Therapeutic use of specific viruses to target bacteria is largely unknown in the West, but in other parts of the world it has been developed over the last century as a means of combatting recalcitrant infections, even strains that have shown antibiotic resistance.
Join us for this informative Master Class lecture to explore Bacteriophage Therapy--a potent, effective and safe technique to help clients recover from infection and recalcitrant bacterial presentations.
Bacteriophage therapy is a potent, targeted means of combatting bacterial infections, a method that has been developed in Europe and Soviet Russia over the last century. This introductory course will acquaint the participant with the mechanism of action, harvesting and replication cycles, a brief history of the discovery and refinement of bacteriophage for therapeutic use and examples of its use in the clinical and food production settings.
Upon completion of this Masterclass, learners will be able to:
- Identify the two 2 types of bacteriophage (lytic and lysogenic) and explain how they replicate;
- Recall a brief history of the therapy’s development in Europe and Russia;
- Articulate how bacteriophage compares to antibiotic therapy
- Explain how bacteriophage are harvested and refined;
- Outline the challenges and benefits of bacteriophage therapy and how it is applied in the food system.
Who should participate:
Certified nutrition specialists and holistic nutritionists. All other interested complementary and integrative health and healthcare professionals and the public.
Recommended pre-requisites: None required, but a basic understanding of biology is recommended.
Registration Fee(s): FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, THIS OFFERING IS FREE! (Regularly priced at $79)
What you will get:
- 60-minute interactive instructional video lecture
- PowerPoint presentation PDF
- Presentation transcripts
- Presentation handout to reference in practice
- Lifetime access to the course content for review and use in practice
- Certificate of Completion & CEUs (upon successful achievement of program assessments)
*CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
Dr. Sarica Cernohous, L.Ac., author of The Funky Kitchen and AZ and CA licensed acupuncturist with national certification in acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Member Weston A Price Foundation. Board member National Association of Nutrition Professionals.
For questions about this offering or CEUs, contact.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or
Refund Policy: This self-based program is non-refundable upon purchase.
*For indefinite course access, it is recommended that a non-MUIH email address be used to enroll in Catalog offerings.