Full course description
Course Title: Telehealth for the Wellness Professional
Format: Online, On-Demand, Self-Paced Course
Category: Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) – Masterclass
Course Dates: On-Demand (enroll and complete coursework anytime)
Estimated Effort: 5- hours to complete (video lecture presentation lessons, readings, and quizzes)
Credential: Certificate of Completion
CEUs: 5 CEUs (MUIH)
Various other professional organizations and boards may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. Please verify with your respective relevant professional organization and email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
The use of telehealth by integrative health and wellness practitioners is an important component of delivering whole-person services and for creating a sustainable private practice. Students explore the principles and practices of telehealth and gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory considerations for setting up a virtual practice. Through lectures, video presentations, and self-reflection, students will acquire basic knowledge and practical steps to begin implementing a telehealth practice that fosters healing presence at a distance.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to
- Define telehealth and describe its benefits and limitations for delivering whole person health and wellness virtual services.
- Recognize best practices and technology requirements for implementing a compliant virtual practice.
- Outline the ethical, legal, and regulatory considerations for setting up a telehealth practice.
- Identify the practical aspects to successfully implement a professional telehealth practice.
Knowledge Checks and Activities:
· Your graded assignments related to each course-level learning outcome will be to:
· Complete a 5-question quiz at the end of each module
· Optional assignments are provided but are not submitted or graded
This course is organized into five modules.
Module 1: Telehealth Basics
Module 2: Is Telehealth for Me
Module 3: Legal Considerations
Module 4: Practical Aspects
Module 5: Getting Started
Who should participate:
Holistic and complementary wellness professionals seeking to work virtually, or who currently work virtually; Administrators seeking to add virtual services to their clinic.
Recommended pre-requisites: None
Registration Fee(s): $39
*Complimentary registration for MUIH Staff, Faculty, Employees, Alumni, Students through MUIH PCE Community Benefit Program
What you will get:
· Module video lectures
· Presentation lecture transcripts
· Course handout(s) for use in personal and clinical/professional practice
· Lifetime access to the course content for review and application
· Certificate of Completion (upon successful achievement of program assessments)
*CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students, retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email email@example.com with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
Other PCE Preferred Partners may be eligible for exclusive discounts on this offering. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about group discounts for 5 or more participants.
For questions about CEUs, contact your professional organization or email email@example.com.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.* View our helpful video tutorial for Catalog registrations and payments; and Canvas, your online learning platform.
Refund Policy: This self-based program is non-refundable upon purchase.
For any other questions about this offering, email email@example.com.
*For continuous access to your PCE Catalog Student Dashboard, and Canvas, your PCE online learning platform, it is recommended a non-MUIH.edu email address you use frequently be used to register for a new Catalog account to enroll and access PCE offerings.