Full course description
Program Title: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Client Relationships Masterclass
Featured Blog Posts:
Presenter: Erin Byron, MA, RP
Course Dates: Open, Lifetime Access
Format: On-Demand, Self-Paced Course
Category: Professional and Continuing Education – Masterclass
Estimated Effort: 3 hours (lecture presentation, quiz)
Credential: Certificate of Completion
3 CEUs (MUIH, NBHWC, OBMN)*
*MUIH awards CEUs based on the MUIH PCE Philosophy. Various other professional organizations and boards may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. Please verify with your respective relevant professional organization and email email@example.com with questions.
The American Institute of Stress Certified Course
Discover the facts, pitfalls, and key skills to ensure smooth interpersonal professional relationships when working with traumatized clients in this Masterclass.
Learn to navigate the delicate and often unexpected issues that arise when working with people living with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Trauma comes in many forms. Be it war, abuse, natural disaster, a life-endangering career, or other forms of violence and shock, the impacts of post-traumatic stress bear many similarities.
As integrative health providers and mental health workers, it is important that we are aware of how the subversive symptoms of PTSD can undermine our work.
There are significant interpersonal implications when someone has been traumatized. Lack of body awareness, even in cases when clients seem embodied, is a huge barrier. Beliefs about health care, seeking attention, ability to recovery, self-efficacy, and even information and kinesthetic processing can all interfere with communication and recovery. This course explains what may be occurring without your awareness, why that happens, and what you can do about it.
Even if your work is not in the realm of mental health and awareness of the symptoms of PTSD and how to navigate interpersonal and cognitive/kinesthetic pitfalls is important in ensuring the best outcomes for clients.
Upon completion of this Masterclass, learners will be able to:
· Classify the wide range of PTSD symptoms & experiences using a clear 4-prong framework
· Identify the potential disruptions in communication, consent, and learning/recovery – and how to avoid them
· Assemble concrete skills to limit your frustration, fatigue, and burnout when dealing with intense cases
Who should participate:
Social workers, psychologists, mental health professionals, health & wellness coaches, nutritionists, acupuncturists, yoga therapists, massage therapists, physicians, functional medicine practitioners. All other interested complementary and integrative health and healthcare practitioners and the general public.
Recommended pre-requisites: None required.
Registration Fee(s): $147
What you will get:
· 2.5 hours interactive instructional video lecture content
· PowerPoint presentation PDF to reference
· Practitioner handout for use in practice
· Lifetime access to the course content for review and use in practice
· Certificate of Completion & CEUs (upon successful achievement of program assessments)
*CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students, retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
For questions about this offering, contact.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or Tutorial Video for an overview of registration and online course access.Please review the Catalog and Canvas
Refund Policy: This self-based program is non-refundable upon purchase.
*For first-time Catalog account registrations, please use a current email address you use frequently to access your Catalog Student Dashboard, which contains your courses and certificates.