Full course description
Course Title: The Philosophy and Science of Well-being
Presenter: Marlysa Sullivan, MPT, C-IAYT
Format: On-Demand, Self-Paced Course
Category: Professional and Continuing Education – Masterclass
Estimated Effort: 2 hours to complete (video lecture presentation lessons, final quiz)
Credential: Certificate of Completion
CEUs: 2 CEUs (MUIH, NBHWC, Yoga Alliance, OBNM)*
* MUIH awards CEUs based on the MUIH PCE Philosophy. Various other professional organizations and boards may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. Please verify with your respective relevant professional organization and email with questions.
The American Institute of Stress Certified Course
What is the importance of meaning in one's life to well-being and health? Research has utilized the concept of eudaimonia to discuss the effects of human flourishing including the impact of purpose, meaning, good social relationships, and personal development on health.
As a result of this enlightening Masterclass, you will be able to identify practices to improve eudaimonic well-being either for yourself or your clients.
Masterclass Full Description:
Research has utilized the concept of eudaimonia to discuss the effects of human flourishing including the impact of purpose, meaning, good social relationships, and personal development on health.
Eudaimonic well-being has been shown to have significant health effects along the biopsychosocial-spiritual continuum for various client populations. This course will help the healthcare professional explore the meaning of this important philosophical concept as well as its application for holistic client care. It will also serve individuals seeking to explore the importance of such ideas of meaning, purpose, social relationships and personal development to their well-being
As a result of this Masterclass, you will be able to:
· Practice and experiment reflecting on the virtue ethics and golden mean through a meditation exercise.
· Infer the tradition of eudaimonia from a philosophical context.
· Define the components of eudaimonic wellbeing in current research contexts, identifying the benefits of eudaimonic wellbeing for health and wellbeing in general and for specific client populations.
· Identify practices to improve eudaimonic wellbeing, either for yourself or your clients.
Who should participate:
Yoga therapists, acupuncturists, health coaches, health policymakers, health researchers and scholars, functional medicine practitioners, NDs, nutritionists, NTPs, physical therapists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, other allied healthcare professionals. All other interested individuals seeking to incorporate eudaimonic wellbeing practices into your own life.
Recommended pre-requisites: None
Registration Fee(s): $99
What you will get:
· Total 2 hours of interactive instructional video lectures
· PowerPoint presentation PDF for download
· Practitioner handout(s) for use in clinical practice
· Lifetime access to the course content for review & application
· Certificate of Completion (upon successful achievement of program assessments)
*CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
Marlysa Sullivan is a physical therapist and yoga therapist. She is an assistant professor in integrative health sciences and yoga therapy at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Her research has focused on theoretical papers discussing the explanatory framework for yoga therapy, yoga therapy and polyvagal theory, and working with populations such as dementia, musculoskeletal conditions, neurological conditions. She is involved with the global consortium for yoga therapy and collaborates with yoga therapists across the world in areas of research and clinical practice.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students, retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email email@example.com with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
For questions about this offering, contact.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or video tutorial for Catalog registrations and payments; and Canvas, your online learning platform.View our helpful
Refund Policy: This self-based program is non-refundable upon purchase.
*For indefinite access to your Catalog Student Dashboard, it is recommended a non-MUIH email address be used to enroll in Catalog offerings and that you register for a new Catalog account with an email address you access frequently.