Full course description
The Human Microbiome in Health Masterclass
Format: On-Demand, Self-paced
Presenter: Liz Lipski, PhD
Category: Professional and Continuing Education – Masterclass
Credential: Certificate of Completion
CEUs: 2 CEUs (BCNS, NANP, NTA)*
Other professional boards than those listed may also offer continuing education and/or financial reimbursement for this program.*
In this Masterclass, we’ll do a deep dive into the Microbiome as a foundation: what it is, where is it located, and how it determines overall health.
This is Masterclass 1 in the Microbiome Masterclass Series.
As a result of enrolling in this Masterclass, learners will:
- Describe the emerging role of the microbiome in human health maintenance;
- Differentiate between the microbiome in each stage of the life cycle;
- Identify the role of the microbiome in systemic conditions, including obesity, mental health disorders, atopic disease, Alzheimer’s disease, kidney disease, and more; and
- Summarize the role of diet and the environment on maintaining a healthy microbiome and restoring gut dysbiosis.
- Introduction to the Human Microbiome
- Role of the Microbiome in Systemic Conditions
- Life Cycle Stages
- Maintaining and Restoring a Healthy Microbiome
Who should participate:
Nutritionists; dieticians; NTPs; functional medicine practitioners; health & wellness coaches; all other complementary and integrative health practitioners; nurses; allopathic medical professionals; health educators and researchers; anyone interested in learning how to incorporate proven natural wellness practices into patient-care and self-care.
Additional materials required: N/A
What you will get:
Upon purchase, you will gain lifetime access to:
- Masterclass presentation videos
- Masterclass practitioner handouts and learning resources
- Comprehensive information about the microbiome from one of the pioneers and leading experts in the field of digestive wellness
Upon successful completion of the course requirements and assessments, you will receive:
- Verified Certificate of Completion (for each individual course)
- Credential from an accredited Integrative Health University to add to your resume as an advanced specialization
- 2 CEUs for Nutritionists, Holistic Health Professionals, NTPs and RDs (BCNS, NANP, NTA, AND)*
*Other professional boards than those listed may also offer continuing education and/or financial reimbursement for this program. Please verify with your respective board or organization or email email@example.com.
Liz Lipski is a Professor and the Director of Academic Development for the graduate programs in Nutrition & Integrative Health at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Dr. Lipski holds a PhD in Clinical Nutrition with specialization in Integrative Medicine from the Union Institute, three board certifications in clinical nutrition and one in functional medicine. She is on faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine, the Metabolic Medicine Institute fellowship program. She sits on the boards for Certified International Health Coaches, and the Autism Hope Alliance.
Dr. Lipski has been published in peer-reviewed journals including Nutrition in Clinical Practice and Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal, and is the author of several books: Digestive Wellness, The Digestion Connection, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She co-authored the gastrointestinal chapter for the American Board of Integrative Health and Medicine on study guide, and is a contributing author for Integrative Gastroenterology.
She is the founder of Innovative Healing.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students, retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
For questions about this offering or CEUs, contact email@example.com.
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.* View our helpful video tutorial for Catalog registrations and payments; and Canvas, your online learning platform.
Refund Policy: This self-based program is non-refundable upon purchase.
*For continuous access to your Catalog Student Dashboard, and Canvas, your online learning platform, it is recommended a non-MUIH email address you use frequently be used to register for a new Catalog account to enroll and access PCE offerings.