Full program description
Format: On-Demand, Self-paced
Presenter: Liz Lipski, PhD
Category: Professional and Continuing Education – Masterclass Package
Estimated Effort: 8-10 hours to complete all 4 courses within the package
Level: Beginner (course 1) to Intermediate - Advanced
Credential: Certificates of Completion
CEUs: 8 CEUs* (BCNS, NANP, NBHWC, NTA)
*Other professional boards than those listed may also offer continuing education and/or financial reimbursement for this program. Please verify with your respective board or organization or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price: $467 (4 Individual Masterclasses – SAVINGS of $50 for the Masterclass package bundle!)
Payment plans available on request - email email@example.com
Masterclass Package Description:
Research on the microbiome is changing our ideas about nearly everything in health. Our symbiotic relationship with the microbes in our body determines whether we are fat or thin, happy or depressed, and our risk for nearly every health condition. In this Masterclass series, you will have the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge with take-away tools you can immediately use in clinical practice.
Preview the program in our interview with the course presenter!
Masterclass Package Courses:
Masterclass 1 - The Human Microbiome in Health
Masterclass 2 - The Microbiome in Cardiometabolic Disease
Masterclass 3 - The Microbiome and Mental Health
Masterclass 4 - Utilizing Food and Lifestyle to Enhance the Microbiome
As a result of enrolling in the Masterclass Package, you will be able to:
- Describe the emerging role of the microbiome in human health maintenance;
- Differentiate between the microbiome in each stage of the life cycle;
- Identify the role of the microbiome in systemic conditions, including obesity, mental health disorders, atopic disease, Alzheimer’s disease, kidney disease, and more; and
- Summarize the role of diet and the environment on maintaining a healthy microbiome and restoring gut dysbiosis.
- Analyze and describe the relationship between the gut barrier function and obesity, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes;
- Examine current research and recognize practical methods which can heal gut barrier function and balance the microbiota to shift metabolism towards health; and
- Identify the role of probiotics, prebiotics, and food as therapeutic interventions.
- Analyze and describe the basic physiology and research of the gut-brain-HPA axis;
- Recognize the overlap between digestive and mental health issues; and
- Identify dietary protocols and nutraceuticals to balance the gut-brain axis; and
- Recognize interventions that can be applied in clinical practice.
Who should participate:
Nutritionists; dieticians; NTPs; functional medicine practitioners; health & wellness coaches; all other complementary and integrative health practitioners; nurses; allopathic medical professionals; health educators and researchers; anyone interested in learning how to incorporate proven natural wellness practices into patient-care and self-care.
Additional materials required: N/A
What you will get:
Upon purchase, you will gain lifetime access to:
- Masterclass presentation videos, slides, and transcripts
- Masterclass practitioner handouts and additional learning resources
- Comprehensive information about the microbiome from one of the pioneers and leading experts in the field of digestive wellness through flexible, online learning to accommodate all busy schedules
Upon successful completion of all courses and assessments, you will receive:
- Verified Certificates of Completion (for each individual course & the entire program)
- Credential from an accredited Integrative Health University
- 8 CEUs for Nutritionists, Holistic Health Professionals, NTPs and RDs (BCNS, NANP, NTA, AND)*
*Other professional boards than those listed may also offer continuing education and/or financial reimbursement for this program.
Liz Lipski is a Professor and the Director of Academic Development for the graduate programs in Nutrition & Integrative Health at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Dr. Lipski holds a PhD in Clinical Nutrition with specialization in Integrative Medicine from the Union Institute, three board certifications in clinical nutrition and one in functional medicine. She is on faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine, the Metabolic Medicine Institute fellowship program. She sits on the boards for Certified International Health Coaches, and the Autism Hope Alliance.
Dr. Lipski has been published in peer-reviewed journals including Nutrition in Clinical Practice and Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal, and is the author of several books: Digestive Wellness, The Digestion Connection, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She co-authored the gastrointestinal chapter for the American Board of Integrative Health and Medicine on study guide, and is a contributing author for Integrative Gastroenterology.
She is the founder of Innovative Healing.
*This offering is eligible for the PCE MUIH Community Benefit program. To redeem the benefit:
· MUIH Employees and Current MUIH Students retrieve promo codes for use upon enrollment through MyMUIH at MUIH PCE Benefits.
· MUIH Alumni, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course/program of interest to request a promo code upon verification of alumni status.
*Note: Only one promo code may be used at a time.
For questions about this Masterclass Package, contact.
For questions about CEUs, contact your professional organization or.
Refer to the minimum technical requirements for the course.
For registration technical support, please contact Canvas Catalog Instructure Support 1-844-414-5052 or video tutorial for registration and course access.. View our helpful
Note: It is recommended that a non-MUIH email address is used to register for a Catalog student account.
Refund Policy: This Masterclass Package is non-refundable upon purchase.