Full program description
Ayurveda is a personalized approach to health: knowing the mind-body type allows one to make optimal choices about diet, exercise, supplements, and all other aspects of one’s lifestyle throughout the year. In this Master Class, discover how to see the world through “Ayurveda glasses” to integrate a personalized approach to wellness in your practice.
As a result of enrolling in the Ayurveda Master Class Package, you will:
- Develop a basic understanding of the elemental energies of the world from an Ayurvedic perspective
- Learn how those energies combine to create an individual constitution
- Develop effective self-care and patient-care strategies by understanding how the energetic shifts of days, seasons and stages of life impact the individual
- Develop a basic understanding of how elemental energies shift from season to season
- Learn which tastes can balance which season’s energies
- Learn how to craft a menu of seasonal foods for maximum wellness
Who should participate:
Yoga practitioners; nutritionists; health coaches; complementary and integrative health practitioners; nurses anyone interested in learning how to incorporate proven natural wellness practices into patient-care and self-care.
Additional course materials required: N/A
CEUs: 2 CEUs (MUIH, Yoga Alliance, NBHWC, NANP Category I)*
*Various professional boards and organizations may accept this offering for continuing education requirements. CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
Credential: Certificate of Completion
What you will get:
- Lifetime access to the Master Class presentations
- Presentation PDF transcripts
- Master Class Handouts
- Certificate of Completion (upon completion of program requirements)
- 2 CEUs (Yoga Alliance, NBHWC, NANP Category I)*
*CEUs should be verified with the individual professional organization(s) for which you are seeking continuing education credit.
Diane Finlayson brings to her position deep institutional history in the field of yoga therapy as well as experience in curriculum development, program design, and teaching. Her master’s thesis was on the practice of Ayurveda in America.
Prior to joining MUIH, Finlayson was the owner of yama studio (Yoga, Ayurveda & Meditation Arts) where she trained over 400 yoga therapists, therapeutic yoga teachers, ayurvedic wellness coaches, and meditation facilitators between 2000 and 2015. Hers was one of the first three studios to offer Yoga Teacher Training in the Baltimore area.
She has taught yoga philosophy and Ayurveda courses at Johns Hopkins Odyssey and Osher, Towson Osher, Notre Dame of Maryland University, Carroll Community College and the former Baltimore Hebrew University.
As an avid lifelong learner, Finlayson feels it is important to foster the ongoing love of learning and curiosity in those she teaches and is committed to maintaining her connection to being a student as well as a teacher.
For questions about the Master Class, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to the minimum technical requirements for this course here: http://muih.edu/academics/online-learning/technical-requirements
For registration technical support, please contact 1-844-414-5052 or email@example.com. We invite you to view our helpful tutorial video for how to enroll in, and access, your Professional and Continuing Education courses.
Refund Policy: This Master Class is non-refundable upon purchase.